Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Meanings in Names



I want to spend a little time talking about the meaning behind the name of my blog. I ended up deciding that I wanted something that describes me and a little bit about what my blog would be about but not lock me in too much. Something that I could be flexible with and didn't have to write about only one part of my life. With all that in mind Green Mama Katie was born.

I'll break down each part of the name and explain the meaning behind it.

The easiest part to start with is the Katie part of the blog. It is simply my nickname. It is not my legal name but it is the name my mother gave me. It has always been my name since she decided that that was what my nickname would be. If you know me, you call me Katie.

The next easiest part to explain is Mama. I chose it because I am now a mother. It is what I often refer to myself as to my son. It was his first name for me. I also like the sound of it.

The last part I'm going to explain is probably the most complicated, the most detailed, and tells the most about me. If you were to guess that it had something to do with being Earth friendly you would be correct, but that is only part of it. I do care about the environment and I do care about making a difference. However, Green is also my favorite color. The color means a lot to me. Some of my favorite things are also green. Vegetables, frogs, snakes, emeralds, and many other things. Green means a lot of things to me as well. I'm part Irish. My husband's birthstone is the emerald. Green also represents new life and growth for me. It represents nature and a sense of peace.

Emerald earring in my ear.

All combined, these names represent who I am and what I want this blog to be about. I hope you enjoyed finding out a little more about me. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll be happy to answer them.

1 comment:

  1. I simply coulԁn’t leave yоur ωеb ѕite prior to suggeѕting that
    I aсtually loved the standard info аn іndividual
    provide to your visіtοrs? Ӏs gonna be
    again continuοusly to check out new posts

    Looκ at mу ωeb-sitе what does going green mean

    ReplyDelete