Thursday, October 11, 2012

Meaning of life and what's important



So, I decided to start graduate school this fall. I'm not really sure why. It was kind of on a whim. One of those, hey, I've been thinking about doing, so why not now?!?! kind of whims! One of those whims where you kick yourself two minutes later and think "What the hell was I thinking?" kind of whims.

I was seriously ready to throw in the towel, take my losses, and continue merrily on down the road enjoying life, my family, and a job I rather enjoy. What did I do instead? Yup, talked to the professor on the phone and was given a little confidence boost and decided to at least finish out the semester. Now here I am three days later and I'm feeling queasy about the work I have to do. Swirling over the number of words I have to read, write, and process.

When I sat down and thought about my priorities, this thing called "edumacation" was dead LAST on my list. It honestly still is. My current top priorities are my family and culturing and nurturing those relationships, working hard and well at my job, and finding some time to do things on my own (or at least with just grown ups) that I truly enjoy. I don't know, maybe I'm just being a big baby, but I'm thinking that knowing what you want and don't want is extremely mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment