Friday, June 6, 2014

The Crazy Thing About Life



The crazy thing about life is that it takes you down interesting paths and on journeys you never expected to experience.  My life has taken some unexpected, never before imagined turns as of late.  I have been absent from this blog because I didn't want to write about these things and I couldn't bring myself to write about what I had been writing about.  I've finally come to a point where I want to share a bit of what is going on in my life and actually write again.



Back in April of 2013 I found out I was pregnant with my second child.  I was thrilled.  In other areas, my relationship with my husband had been extremely rocky for many months (since around our first son's first birthday) and I was in a major daze about what was going on and had no idea how to handle it.  I finally started digging into things and taking a closer look at what was going on.  Let me tell you that I was floored by the level of deception I found. I decided to separate from him shortly after finding out I was expecting.

It was an interesting time, but I was working on finding my way back to me. I also spent that time focusing on attempting to have a successful VBAC with my second. My efforts paid off when I welcomed my second son via an all natural, pain med free birth in December of 2013.
Hux-ta-bux, Dude-y's baby brother.
We reunited briefly, until I discovered that the deceptions were ongoing and had put Dude-y at risk. I am continuing to practice my style of attachment parenting as best as possible while pretty much all on my own. There are good and bad days, good and bad moments, and a whole lot of work. I wouldn't trade my life or my babies for the world. I try to relish the beautiful moments and cherish my babies. There are moments that I just stop and marvel at how precious a gift of being mama to my two boys I have received. They are my reason for everything.
Brothers.






No comments:

Post a Comment