Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Day 8 - June 8-- Not including blogging ;) yourfavorite guilty pleasure.

I want to start off by saying that I don't think of blogging as a guilty pleasure. I feel absolutely no guilt in blogging to express myself and stretch my creative muscle. I would hope most bloggers don't see it as a guilty pleasure, but s worthwhile one. So, on to my favorite guilty pleasure.

My favorite guilty pleasure would have to be either playing games on my phone or vegging out to TV. I classify these as guilty pleasures because I do feel a little guilty doing them. I feel guilty in that I should be doing something worthwhile and that they tend to suck me in and make me disconnect from my friends and family. I don't feel guilty for eating things I like or going to the gym (although sometimes a little since I now have a baby) or other things like that.  I feel those are necessary to allow one to feel like a whole person and not just a mom. I guess disconnecting is also important, but I always feel guilty.

What about you? What's your guilty pleasure?

7 comments:

  1. I really like your post. I wasn't really thinking about everything in the same light as you. I wasn't actually thinking about guilt I was thinking about it like a saying. Lol. But I think yours from that viewpoint is exactly what mine would be.

    Thanks for visiting my post: http://parsimoniouspash.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-blogchallenge-day-8-my-guilty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I started the post in the same way. I don't feel like blogging should bring me any guilt at all.
    Yay us for not feeling guilty about connecting to others and getting our thoughts out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't feel my blogging is a guilty pleasure. I have big dreams with my blogging, and feel each post I write is getting me one step closer to those dreams (in particular, remaining a SAHM for as LONG as I possibly can).

    And I get the feeling guilty part. Heck, I feel guilty right now that I am trying to read some of these Summer Blog Challenge posts instead of cleaning while my baby girl is napping, lol! All in moderation though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I thought of as one of my guilty pleasures. Thank you for pointing it out that it shouldn't be :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely do not think of blogging as a guilty pleasure either. It is a part of me and it makes me feel great inside. I would never feel guilty about feeling good.

    I answered watching the Bachelorette. HA!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see I'm not alone in thinking blogging shouldn't be viewed as a guilty pleasure. Heck, as fun as blogging is, I'm looking at it being more of a work thing. I would like to eventually make some side income from this. Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my blogging time and see it as a valuable outlet for myself. What games do you play on your phone?

    ReplyDelete